Thursday, December 30, 2010

Don't be depressed,

I know it seems a little gloomy from looking at the pictures, but a lot of that can be attributed to the absence of people in them; this owing to the fact I didn't get permission to be in the camp. I can really regret that, but time was short and people I spoke to didn't seem to think I would be welcome.
I think the camp is in pretty good shape considering many years of war and neglect. Most houses are used. Railroad is being rehabilitated. Buchanan Renewables ( BRE ) are shipping biomassfuel from the port, which they are rehabilitating. Rumour has it that BHP Billiton will mine the ore on the Guinea side of the border and ship it through Buchanan.
But I guess all depends if there is money to be made, as usual. People really need jobs. They are struggling there, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment